How Your Money Helps
Your sponsorhip and money helps us in the following ways:
- Food for vulnerable people and other people/families in need. Our food and feeding costs are as follows:
- – Food parcel per person. Consists of a cooked meal, delivered daily: R15
- – Family food parcel – Feeds two people for a week. Consists of non-perishables (no tinned food or meat: R 350
- – One day/night of food deliveries: R 1800
- – Petrol bill (monthly): R 4500 – R5000
- – Administrative costs (monthly): R 4200 – R 4500
- Clothing and other necessities to families. This often includes baby/infant nutritional requirements and consumables.
At Healing Waters Foundation, we ONLY work on a voluntary basis, using private personal transport. We do not have funds for any salaries.
We need the following desperately on a daily basis:
- Food (bread, fruit, pasta, maize meal, rice, vegetables, soya and/or meat). These ingredients are used for the daily meals and family food parcels.
- Toiletries and personal hygiene products.
- Nappies, baby formula, other baby products and instant porridge.
- Hand sanitiser. We use large amounts of handsanitiser as we need to sanitise the working areas continuously.
- Plastic shopping bags. We use the bags to package the daily meals and family food parcels.
- Clear plastic bags. We use the clear bags to re-package bulk items for the family food parcels.
- Financial support/donations.
- Volunteers to help with projects, cooking and deliveries.